Jesse,

First this doesn't have anything to do with present moment theory, only
with standard physics.

2nd, hopefully it's just a matter of you using different semantics than me
as to what is meant by absolute and relative. I'll explain once more.

In the case of time dilation effects caused by gravitation or acceleration
the effects are absolute in the sense that both observers agree on them.
Take 2 observers A in a gravitational well and B not. In this case B
observes A's clock SLOW, and A observes B's clock rate SPEED up. They AGREE
as to this effect. AND the clock time difference PERSISTS after A and B
meet up afterwards when their clocks are again running at the same
rate. Therefore in my terminology it is an absolute effect. It is a real
and actual effect, that both observers agree upon. This is well understood
and confirmed because it's used in GPS calculation corrections all the time.

Now take the case of A and B moving past each other with a constant
relative velocity (no acceleration or gravitation). In this case both A and
B each see each other's clock slow by the same amount. Thus in this case A
and B do NOT agree. This effect is relative in my terminology. AND assuming
the relative motion could sudden stop (without any acceleration) that
effect would not and could not persist. Both clocks would be running at the
same rate and showing the same clock time t value again. Thus the time
dilation from relative motion is not an absolute effect in my terminology
because A and B don't agree on it and because it is not an effect that
persists after the relative motion ceases.

Hopefully that makes my use of absolute and relative clear?

Of course it is always possible to come up with all sorts of convoluted
frames, and all those frames are valid in the local context of that frame,
but this doesn't invalidate my points above.

Edgar