On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> On 26 Jan 2014, at 19:58, John Clark wrote:

>> just nuts and stifles original thought . The idea that we can solve today's
>> cutting edge scientific questions by reading what some Greek said 2500
>> years ago is just idiotic.
>>

>> > Oh! You agree with yourself here. Nice!
>>

> I wasn't quoting myself I didn't use all caps. I was quoting Platonist
> Guitar Cowboy (I could be wrong but sometimes I suspect that's not the name
> on his drivers license or birth certificate).

Sometimes? Which times? Today the name on my birth certificate is
Platoninja Goofball Captain. It's a pleasure.

But you did make the Greek philosophy ignoramus statement, even if you
forgot your trademark caps for once.

So you were quoting yourself... again. See:

>> No thanks, Greek philosophers were ignoramuses.

It seems they weren't the only ones.

A statement concerning philosophy, Greek or otherwise, is philosophical.

A statement concerning non-existence of God is theological. A strong and
total one is fundamentalist against everything it rails against.  PGC

  John K Clark