On Sunday, February 2, 2014 6:51:32 AM UTC-5, telmo_menezes wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>

>> On Friday, January 31, 2014 3:54:54 PM UTC-5, Liz R wrote:
>>>
>>> Like, wow. Nice picture (I'm tempted to say it makes a lot more sense
>>> than some posts around here!)
>>>

>> Hehe, thanks! I got accepted to do a poster presentation at the Tucson
>> consciousness conference again this year so I'm playing with ideas (and
>> cannibalizing clipart).
>>

> Congrats. I like this picture too!

Thanks TM. My favorite thing about doing visual things like this is finding
unintentional symbolism. The robot has feet but no head, and the wizard has
a head plus a hat but no feet. His 'legs' are metaphorically externalized
as the table 'legs', and the whole table + chalice prefigure the robot.
There's some accidental stuff with the angles of the mirrors too...one has
an exaggerated but fixed perspective, the other echoes that but is also
ambiguous, and the far-east one is flat and ambiguously suggests
illumination of the sun-moon one.