All,

Mach's Principle (to explain Newton's Bucket) is an important principle
that has profound implications. I provide a novel theory in my book on
Reality (available on Amazon under my name) which I think is convincing.

It's a consequence of a fairly detailed theory explaining how spacetime
emerges computationally from quantum events rather than being a
pre-existing fixed background to all events.

In a computational universe everything is simply computationally evolving
abstract information at the fundamental level, and the result of these
computations is the current state of the universe.

The way it works is the interaction of elementary particles always produces
entanglements between their particle properties. One type of entanglement
is the entanglement of dimensional properties which produces dimensional
relationships between particles and objects made of particles due to the
conservation of particle properties such as spin, energy, momentum etc.

The result of cascades of particle interactions thus produces networks of
dimensional relationships. These networks are in effect mini spacetimes and
this is how quantum events produce originally separate spacetimes in the
form of mini spacetime networks.

These spacetimes remain separate until linked by common particle
interactions. Thus for the galaxy as a whole a spacetime emerges consisting
of such dimensional relationships including the background DIMENSIONAL
ALIGNMENTS in which those relationships have meaning.

This theory has profound implications because it resolves all quantum
paradoxes which are paradoxically ONLY with respect to the fixed
pre-existing universal spacetime background quantum theory mistakenly
assumes.

The theory also provides a conceptual unification of QM and General
Relativity which I can explain if anyone is interested. And an explanation
of the reason for quantum randomness...

But to the point it also provides the solution to Newton's Bucket. Newton's
bucket occurs within the galactic spacetime which already has a network of
dimensional relationships which is aligned to the mass of the galaxy. And
this becomes meaningful only because it also produces a background
alignment in which the individual dimensional relationships have meaning
with reference to. Thus when Newton's bucket spins and is observed it links
with that galactic alignment and thus spins with respect to it.

Thus Mach was correct in thinking it had something to do with the
distribution of all mass but didn't understand the underlying reason that
was so.

Again this may not be entirely clear since it's a completely new theory
original to my book but I can explain in detail if you like.

Best,
Edgar