On 2/13/2014 3:27 PM, LizR wrote:
On 14 February 2014 12:22, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 2/13/2014 3:01 PM, LizR wrote:
    On 14 February 2014 11:55, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com
<mailto:lizj...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        I wouldn't imagine that acceleration in itself warps space...?

    Actually I take that back. A pair of neutron stars in close orbit (both
    accelerating under their mutual gravity) /do/ warp space, presumably due to
their
    motion.

    (...I think!)
    The stress energy warps space and its value is greater due to their orbital
motion
    compared to them being stationary.  But I don't think their acceleration
per se
    contributes.  In fact due to their orbital motion they will radiate away
energy as
    gravity waves.

It was the gravity waves I was thinking of. That is to say, I believe very large masses orbitting each other radiate gravity waves because of their orbital motion, hence hence gravity waves are, or at least can be in this situation, an "acceleration-caused warping of space" ... as per the original question.

Or have I got that wrong?

No, I think that's right. It's like EM: A charged particle causes a field. An acceleration causes a wave in the field caused by the particle.