Hi Liz,

On 20 Feb 2014, at 08:49, LizR wrote:

On 19 February 2014 23:00, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
Liz, Others,

I was waiting for you to answer the last questions to proceed. Any problem?

Well, nothing apart from going on a mini holiday with an old friend for the last 4 days. Sadly she hasn't changed over the last 30 years, so it wasn't much fun, but she'd flown all the way from the UK to NZ so I couldn't really refuse.

Actually my brain has died after all the nonsense I have been through over the last few days. It may take a little while to come back. I will try to answer this post properly, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know. Take your time, as the fun is what matter the most. Feel free to do meta-remarks, or to suggest that I change the pedagogy, or that I sum up better where we are going.

You have no problem in understanding logical (modal or not) semantics, but I know, from older posts, that you do have some weakness in deducibility. "deducing" is usually not an easy task, but you will never been obliged to deduce, only to understand what is a deduction, why they can be automated, and checked mechanically, and above all, what are their relation with semantics.

Then we will be able to begin the interview of the Löbian machine in arithmetic, and the derivation of physics. that's the real thing, and eventually you will see that modal logic is what make possible to be quite short on this.

Take the time needed for your brain to recover. Thanks for telling me, so that I avoid any paranoia, like "did I say something impolite or what ...".

Kind regards,