John,

First Linde didn't "prove" eternal inflation as you claim. Eternal
inflation is a theory. In fact you yourself admit this when you write "IF
Linde is correct..".

Basically the bounding problem of any physical infinity is that it would
take infinite energy over infinite time to 'achieve' (though it is not
really something subject to being achieved since by definition it's the
result of an unending process) which I don't think anyone agrees exists.
Though, on second thought judging by some of the other nonsense they
believe, there is probably some physicist somewhere that believes in
anything.

The other approach, which you hint at, is that even if a physical infinity
existed it would be unobservable. And since we can make a good case that
only observables exist (or their direct effects) we can say that even if a
physical infinite existed it wouldn't actually exist.

Edgar