On Friday, February 28, 2014 7:30:22 PM UTC-5, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

> Craig,
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. The substrate is itself formless
> (somewhat analogous to the concept of Tao). Within that arises all the
> forms whose computational interactions compute the current state of the
> universe.

Then the substrate is not formless, is all trans-formal. All forms are
produced, preserved, and dissolved within it, through it, for it, etc. The
substrate is sense - the capacity for appreciation and participation which
records itself as form. Information is what sense does and knows, not what
it is and experiences.

> These computations compute on the basis of the laws of nature which in
> this model are just as much a part of reality as the information states
> they compute.

If the substrate is sense, then you don't need to have laws of nature.
Sense is intrinsically sensible. It acts lawfully as well as spontaneously
and creatively. It cheats at its own rules and then pretends to forget that
it cheated.

> So what we call physics is how humans mentally model and try to understand
> this system in terms of their H-math. Or if you wanted you could say that
> R-computations are the actual R-physics to distinguish that from H-physics.

I agree, but I'm saying that what we call information is how humans
mentally model and try to understand how the system is measured in terms of
their H-Math. The R is not physics or computation, it is aesthetic
participation. R-Math is a silhouette of that which we mistake for the
essence. Math is not the essence of consciousness or presence, it is the
essence of distance and absence.

Craig