From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 10:56 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: The situation at Fukushima appears to be deteriorating

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> You seem innocent of how the drug cartels operate and just how violent
they are.

I not only know they're very violent I know why they're violent. If
government made chocolate bars illegal the demand for chocolate bars would
not end and organizations would come into existance to fill that demand.
And the underground Hershey candy company and the underground Nestles candy
company couldn't sue each other in the courts and so would have no way to
settle disputes except through baseball bats and machine guns.

Come on man nobody is going to kill someone else over a bar of chocolate..
there are no chocolate deals gone bad. There are plenty of Meth deals that
have gone bad. But sure in principal agree - and think government should get
out of regulating our personal lives. I think government has a role to play
in enforcing correct labeling and ingredients (according to labeling) that
it should publish standards and issue warnings. But not enforce monopolies -
as it does with medical & dental practice, and the drug sector for example.

> Then who would ever want to live under a "free market system" if as you
admit the transnational drug gangs are an exemplar of a well evolved free
market?

There is no disputing matters of taste so you could say if you wished that
markets, and therefore people, shouldn't have too much freedom; but you
can't say that the Black Market isn't a free market.

Yes I can, I just did. A black market degenerates into a cutthroat cartel,
which is the antithesis of freedom. There is no freedom in a market
dominated by ruthless criminality. Don't let those colored sunglasses blind
you. But sure, as you said; it's a matter of tastes. Not my choice; I think
there are much better flavors than your free market. that Ayn Rand blood
stew smothered in a rich topping of greed.

Chris de Morsella

 John K Clark