>>> For your information, that means "Regional Climate Prediction"
>>>

>> I'm pretty sure it's not "Russian Communist Party" but are you sure it's
>> not "Representative Concentration Pathways"?  Wikipedia lists 21
>> possible meanings of the acronym "RCP" and that's the only one that has
>> anything at all to do with the environment. Wikipedia has never heard of
>> "Regional Climate Prediction".
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCP
>>

> It seems you're correct here, the RCP4.5 scenario I discussed was one of
> four "reprentative concentration pathway" scenarios as indicated by the
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_Concentration_Pathways wiki
> page.

Well then sorry I was the dumb here... I'm too much accustomed that John
says BS...

But anyway this ==>

>  Of course, this doesn't change the fact that you chose to use a
> rhetorical question about the meaning of the acronym as a lame excuse to
> totally duck my point

was what John wanted to do and do in every discussion he can have... he
doesn't want to argue, he likes reading himself... he doesn't care if there
is a genuine point of discussion... at least up until now.

> that it shows emissions being reduced in a non-drastic way but with a
> significantly better range of projected temperature rises by 2100 than the
> business-as-usual scenarios. But this was in keeping with your 100%
> non-substantive response which ducked every single issue I brought up, like
> the fact that plenty of people who want to take action on the climate are
> pro-nuclear (your only response was smartass-teenager style mockery of my
> use of the word "strawman", ignoring the actual case I made that your
> characterization of environmentalist views was entirely cherry-picked and
> non-representative), or the fact that water vapor is not a climate forcing
> factor like CO2, or the question of what general standard you use to judge
> the merit of scientific claims in areas you have no expertise in (though
> your various ignorant claims about physics suggest your standard is
> something like "treat scientific expertise as worthless whenever it doesn't
> match what I'd prefer to believe, and place unerring faith in whatever
> handwavey verbal analysis of a scientific question happens to pop into my
> head, arguing for this view with supreme confidence regardless of whether I
> can find any expert support for it").
>
> Jesse
>
>  --

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)