On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:01:04 PM UTC, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2014, at 05:48, ghi...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>

> On Monday, March 24, 2014 4:48:13 AM UTC, chris peck wrote:
>>
>> The only person in any doubt was you wasn't it Liz?
>>
>> I found Tegmark's presentation very disappointing. He was alarmingly
>> apologetic about MWI pleading that its flaws were mitigated by the fact
>> other interpretations had similar flaws; as if the fact someone else is ill
>> would make you less ill yourself. I think in the world of QM
>> interpretations, with bugger all evidence to decide between them, the game
>> is to even out the playing field in terms of flaws and then chase
>> parsimony. Ofcourse, whether an infinite set of worlds is more or less
>> parsimonious than just one +  a few hidden variables, or one + a spooky
>> wave function collapse, depends very much on what definition of
>> parsimonious you find most fitting.
>>

> MWI is refuted by the massive totally unexamined - some unrealized to this
> day - assumptions built in at the start.
>

> ?
>
> MWI seems to me to be the literal understanding of QM (without collapse).
> It is also a simple consequence of computationalism, except we get a
> multi-dreams and the question remains open if this defines a universe, a
> multiverse, or a multi-multiverses, etc. (results points toward a
> multiverse though).
>

> It's like, local realism - a reasonable assumed universal.
>

> Local realism is not part of QM assumption. It is a direct consequence of
> the linearity of the Schroedinger Equation, and the linearity of the tensor
> products.
>

> But only the bare bones. Assuming locarealism means locality as we
> perceive,
>

> As we infer from what we perceive. We cannot *perceive" locality by itself.
>

> and classically seems to be. In; these dimensions. But what happens when
> science transforms through a major generalization? The hallmark is that not
> only theories get merged, broken up, such that everything looks
> different. But  that the revolution stretchs right out to the conceptual
> framework itself...the basic concepts that are upfront necessary to be
> shared, for basic communication to take place. It's all concepts broken
> apart, while others merged together. We can put some faith in local
> realism, but in what dimensionality it's pure, we don't about that yet..we
> don't know.MWI assumes that it's a safe scientific known. It isn't. In fact
> everything is against that.
>

> Personally, even without comp and without QM, "everything" is conceptually
> more simpler than any one-thing approach, which always needs much more
> particular assumptions.
>

> There literally dozens of others. Like assuming major properties are
> duplicated "as is" between higher and lower macrostate layers. MWI'ers need
> to assume local realism at quantum levels as is. Unprecedented if true.
> Daft in other words.

> [...]

Bruno - I'll answer your whole post before long, but happened to notice
this concluding remark, which manages to a serious point, while a tickler
in the belly region at the same time. Found myself giggling somewhat
anyway, without that detracting from the sense you a point that has also
not been lost on me, and has also been reassuring to me.

So with all brevity aside old boy. It's right back at you. Except your
problem is not coherence. It's that you have lost the capacity to dream or
imagine yourself, not just not into my shoes to see what I mean, in terms
of what's going on that my thoughts might have a coherence, but anyone's -
that's my charge back to you. Anyone's except from inside your box of
objects like comp, not-com. Exactly your definitions, exactly as you see
the arising historically, all of it 'sright in your mind to the extend the
very notion of something being amiss in the intrinsic underbelly of those
definitions, whether in terms of how they came to be, in terms of how they
might have been slightly different, or a lot different, in terms of what
the other possibilities that were actually available and identified were,
in terms of what sort of rigour - what standard - thse identification
efforts were, in terms of what sortof threads were running through things
then, in terms of assumptions, in terms of whether any continue to run
through things now, in terms of what if any impacts or risks are possible
at what level of probability. Endless Bruno, endless scope for bad, or big,
or influential, unrealized totally fuck you upping eventually all defining,
all your hard work up the backpassage internals destroying. Endless
possible. That you endlessly fail to see, even in the mos minimal sense of
getting some coherent notion what it is I've been repeatedly trying all
manner of ways to make you see.

But hey, that all off my chest, I'm back to good again. Blue eyes shining
like before. Ready to keep talking, and keep trying. I think, or maybe this
is the, that's it folks, from me. It has to come eventually I
guess....death brings it if nothing else first. By the way, in context of
my eventual death, I sure hope you were right Bruno, you above all the
others too. The world that you see. Sure, it is diabolical and terrifying
in all those ways, but then it is beautiful and astonishing and liberating
and freeing in all those other ways, and how it's indescribable,
undefinable, completely unimaginable - those other ways - and yet....there
it is clear as day. Like the girl that's just so very, so awfully,
painfully, pretty. As I am quite sure so too are you, your way. Peace.