On 28 May 2014 11:55, <ghib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the sponge point seems fair, but hybridization is misconstrued in popular
> knowledge. In scientific terms the best theory of human origins by a mile,
> is a hyrbidization event involving apes and pigs. The only reason it's
> ignored is because a lot of people have spent a long time barking up
> another tree that has never even explained how humans stood by gradual
> evoluation. We still looking at the same daft illustration of a sequence,
> where the intermediate stage has the fella sort of hunched over with
> knuckles not touching the ground any more. That's not a viable posture...it
> wouldn't happen

Yes I've heard the pig idea. It's supported by the fact that our immune
systems are apparently very similar to pigs', which I assume is why we use
bits of pig to repair our faulty heart valves, and quite a few religions
have taboos against eating pigs, presumably because we're similar enough to
catch their parasites...

This idea goes back a long way. In fact, it may even go back to this
guy.<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bacon>
..