On 18 June 2014 11:05, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Volcano's? I am not sure of any under the North Pole. I never said human
> (7 billion) never had an impact. I did say that whatever the impact is, is
> not what the other side is saying, as in exaggerated for
> political-ideological, and economic reasons. Plus, I have concluded that
> the politicians and their billionaires haven't done anything realistic to
> drive back the incoming seas, such create artificial reefs, figure out ways
> to gather and store wind and sun, and do this in a definitive way. Nada.
> Conclusion, they exaggerating. Volcanos under the western self are the
> fact, so maybe the ruling class will be forced to do as I say. If somebody
> smart said, the north pole is shrinking due to reasons not particularly
> related to pollution (AGW) would you accept that? Based on the research I
> mean?
>
> Yes of course. Current thinking is that melting around the Arctic is being
accelerated by something like soot deposits, which change the albedo and
makes the ice absorb more heat from the Sun. That isn't therefore a
greenhouse effect, though it is due to human industry. (However that's only
acceleration on top of an existing shrinkage that is presumably due to
global temperature rises.)

I'm sure there are exaggerations and so on, as you say, but it doesn't take
a lot of independent research to show that a lot of scientific bodies agree
that the Earth has warmed and that the CO2 has risen, and it starts to seem
implausible that they are all being told what to do by some shadowy
organisation and that all the charts and graphs and satellite pictures have
been manipulated, rather than just being reported facts. Interpretation is
a different thing again, theory suggests CO2 rises cause temperature rises,
the physics is well understood ... but even if it's only a correlation, we
could be in trouble.

I agree we should be doing something about it, but then I've been saying
that for years. If we can't prevent it - and reducing the CO2 would almost
certainly cool the Earth, regardless of what's caused the temperature rise
- then it would be a good idea to at the very least plan to live with it,
rather than sit back and hope for the best. So far we have droughts,
storms, shrinking water tables, deforestation, ocean acidification, the
dwindling of easily-reachable fossil fuel resources, etc - and if trends
continue, we ain't seen nuffin yet. So it would be a good idea to do *something
*before the Earth joins the rest of Fermi's paradox.