Now, I take some rest by answering an easy an rather clear post.

On 10 Jul 2014, at 21:40, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> I assume comp

Well good for "comp".

> I will push on the button, and I know I will not find myself in both city.

Exactly.

> Only in one from my future first person perspective,

There are 2  future first person perspectives.

Exactly.

>> If there are two (and there are) why didn't Bruno Marchal ask what cities John Clark will see from *a* 1p?

> That is the 3p view *on* the future 1-views.

The? why not *a* future 1-view?

Because as you just agree above, there are 2 futures first person perspectives, which both feel to be in front of one city.

Are you not just contradicting yourself.

> The answer will be "W and M". But that is specifically not what is asked to the guy in Helsinki. He is

John Clark hates pronouns!

Come on. "He" refers to "the guy in Helsinki", in the preceding sentence, and of course at the moment he makes the asked prediction, and thus before he pushes on the button.

> questioned about what he

John Clark hates pronouns!

> expects from his

John Clark hates pronouns!

> future experience, as he knows

John Clark hate pronouns!

 > that he will not  die,

John Clark hates pronouns!

> in this case the future of the unique first person in Helsinki splits in two, and thus is indeterminate from its first person point of view.

If it is asked "Is this unmeasured electron spin up or spin down" John Clark understands the question but it can't ve answered because before it is measured the electron's spin is indeterminate, but in this case John can't answer what city "you" will see because John doesn't understand the question. It is claimed that Bruno has discovered something called "first person indeterminacy" that makes it impossible to answer a certain question. Well, what is that question? John Clark needs to know EXACTLY because John Clark is willing to concede that a ambiguous question can not be answered, but Bruno wasn't the first to figure that out.

The question is not ambiguous at all. We have agree on all the use of pronouns.

As you believe in comp, you know that when you push on the button, you will survive in only ONE city, even if you will surivive in olny one city, in two cities at once *from a third person view". But yopu know that none of the copies have telepathoc power making hem aware of their doppelganger reconsistution, and can only imagine that third person view, as for both of them, they did get one bit of information.

The following exercise is no more ambiguous. I repeat the WM- duplication 1000 times, evaluate your chance of having the first person experience of having been to Moscow 400 times exactly.

And speaking of predictions John Clark predicts that when Bruno Marchal states the question in the next post it will be filled with words that are ambiguous in a world with duplicating machines, words like "I" and "he" and "you". John Clark further predicts that it will contain phrases like "the Helsinki Man" without having made clear if that means remembering being a man in Helsinki or if it means a man currently experiencing Helsinki.

Unfair remark. I told you since the begining that the prediction is asked to the Helsinki man, when he is in Helsinki, and the confirmation of success of the prediction is asked to each copies (that is, the helsinki man, when he arrive at Moscow). Only you have added ambiguity on this. It is already clean and clear in all my papers, that you insist not reading. The pronouns used are entirely clarified by the 1p and 3p distinctions, that only you eliminate and then complains about ambiguities.

> if I interview a sample of copies, the vast majority will confess not finding any prediction algorithm

That's because no known algorithm can figure out exactly what the question was.

The algorithm is only asked to find a predictive algorithm on its first person experience. We already know that even if it does not know the protocol, the majority of the copies answers will be "No algorithm found" or "random" or "white noise". And if the algorithm is Löbian, he can even justifies that there is no algorithm for predicting the first person experience in self-duplication experience.

You are only insulting yourself, John. You convince everybody only of your bad faith, or of your inability to dovetail a little bit in the mind of the two copies, enough to see that one will write "W & ~M", and the other will write "M & ~W" in the respective diaries.

if your read the next steps 4, 5, ... you should understand that we are lead to a precise and non ambiguous mathematical problem, albeit difficult. Then the thesis itself is mainly a partial solution to that problem.

Bruno

  John K Clark