Having now read the paper, ISTM that the "counterfactual" part of the
argument is the only part that I *really* don't get. Or rather ISTM that it
demonstrates that consciousness can't supervene on physical computational
states, because those states can't know anything about these
counterfactuals, which by definition don't happen. Then again, I also have
some trouble with the multiverse part. A MV "is" a quantum computer? How do
we know that, without even knowing the laws of physics? Is this something
to do with Feynman's idea about a QC as something that could perform exact
physical simulations? (if I got that right)