You are projecting metaphisical differences into physical forces at the
last steps. That does not make sense IMHO. The New Agers do the opposite.

I think that this is an error typical of people with no education in
physics and technology that are overexposed to scientific-tecnical terms.

Your metaphysical reasoning is very interesting. Specially your awareness
of the logical positivism and your rejection of it, that is refreshing for
me. The people of this list are logical positivists and they donĀ“t know
that they adopt this metaphysical standpoint.

I think that the rejection of metaphysics by the logical positivists is an
ideological trick that closes their mind and inmmunizes them against
metaphysical reasoning, in the same way that marxists despised anything non
marxist as bourgeois.

> Well, I'm not a physicists but a philosopher, so I cannot give a
> physicist's answer. My approach is to start with the most fundamental
> question (Why is there anything at all?) and then see how far we can get
> with pure logic alone. It is of course very, very tricky to try to derive
> fundamental laws of nature in this way. But I think that we can actually
> get quite far with such an a priori method. Now with respect to your
> question, I understand that dark energy is a basically repulsive force
> driving inflation. I don't want to say I can derive dark energy from a
> priori principles (that would be absurd). But I think I can derive a
> duality of attraction and repulsion in that way. The reasoning I emply,
> however, is very abstract, using ideas taken from philosophers like Hegel
> and Heidegger, although on the whole I feel more attracted to the
> rationality of Anglo-American philosophy (and science) than to postmodern
> philosophy (which I think is basically a fraud). Perhaps my reasoning is
> closest to German idealists like Hegel and Schelling who still feld they
> could derive the basic principles of natural science from philosophical
> principles. So here is how my argument goes in nuce, I hope you can make
> sense of it:
>
> First I argue that nothing is self-negating (for logical arguments see the
> blog piece). Simply put: nothing is nothing to such a degree that it isn't
> even itself! Thus, as nothing negates itself, it produces being, it becomes
> something. Now, since nothing is different from itself, being (as the
> negation of nothing) must be different from something else. This then is
> how I define being: as difference from something else. Now it is easy to
> see that this difference must take two forms. First, being is being because
> it differs from non-being or nothing (let's call this ontological
> difference, following Heidegger). Second, being must also be internally
> differentiated, that is to say: there must be multiple beings differing
> from each other (let's call this ontic difference). Then we can say: a
> being is what it is because of its ontic difference from other beings.
> (Ultimately, I think, this imlies that beings are mathematical, for lacking
> intrinsic qualities of their own, they canly be distinguished in
> quantitative ways, such that it is their position in a quantitative
> structure which determines what they are.) Now we can say: the source (or
> cause) of what beings are is (ontic) difference. This difference, then,
> must precede them, just as any origin must precede the originated (at least
> logically, if not temporally). But what is this difference that precedes
> the different beings? It's like a relation that generates its own relata.
> Thus we must postulate something like a pure difference or a pure
> negativity underlying the mutual non-identity of beings. But what is this
> pure negativity? It seems clear to me that we are now back with our
> [...]

Alberto.