On 12/30/2014 11:19 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com <mailto:johnkcl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 5:34 PM, <zibblequib...@gmail.com
    <mailto:zibblequib...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        > Estimates of hundreds of thousands were at the time.

    The estimates made at the time said there would be hundreds thousands of
    causalities, maybe that estimate was too high and maybe it wasn't, we will
never
    know, but we do know that estimate was the only one of any importance
because it was
    the only one that had the potential to change things.

        >Primary sources. That have completely changed the picture.

    Changed what picture? If you want to know why the bomb was dropped it's
useless to
    look for information that was not available at the time, you've got to put
yourself
    in the position of a young soldier  70 years ago who in the last 4 years
had seen
    horrors far worse than anything we who have not been in combat can imagine,
and now
    this soldier has a morbid dread of the upcoming bloodbath called the
invasion of
    Japan. Do that and it's easy to see that there was absolutely no way the
bomb would
    not have been dropped; any president who didn't use it would certainly have
been
    impeached and would probably be hung for treason. And if I was a soldier
back then I
    would have happily put the noose around his neck myself.

Here are some interesting facts to consider:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/30/the-bomb-didnt-beat-japan-stalin-did/

Well known facts heavily larded with innuendo and speculation and unjustified
conclusions.