On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:16 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 08 Feb 2015, at 13:30, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:
>
> Bruno, are you familiar with the atheistic (so-called) theologies of Dr.
> Eric Steinhart? He's a bright philosopher from William Patterson
> University, is the US. He was originally a software engineer and is like
> yourself, a math guy. He applies his experience to his philosophy, and
> after reading your writings here, as well as Amoeba, his insights seem to
> parallel yours.  Also, *Clement Vidal*'s, as well. Every heard of him?
> His papers focus on the origins of the universe(s) Platonism,
> "Computationalism," and Digital Philosophy. It's not exactly like your
> work, but it certainly parallels it. Ever heard of him? It sort of informs
> this topic I think.
>

> I don't think I know him although the name invke some familiarity. Did he
> got the first person indeterminacy, the mathematicalism or arithmeticallism?

The mean to test this. You might sum up the idea, if you have the time,

> The problem with many scientists is that they stop doing science when
> doing philosophy. It is not a problem, but it can be confusing in that
> field.

One of those names at least is familiar to the list because:

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> To die for Allah is slay for Allah. The reward for the mujahedeen is
> enormous, for to sacrifice ones self, and the opponent of God, is to
> granted immediate entry into paradise (Janah) and its rewards are not
> unsubstantial. One way to change the Umah's mind (if such is even possible)
> would be to make widespread, *Clement Vidal*'s publications, especially,
> The Beginning and the End, The Meaning of Life in a Cosmological
> Perspective. Part of the book details with afterlife concepts in a rational
> sense, as well as much, more. *Vidal* is a colleague of Bruno Marchal at
> Free University, Brussels. * Vidal*'s influence may induce those looking
> for a heavenly, rewards, for head chopping unbelievers, a good think.
>
> It would also alter our own perspective as well. Make the world a bit more
> peaceful, and provide some reassurance for all.
>
> Honk! If you all agree ;-)

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Bruno might comment on his colleague, at university, *Clement Vidal*. The
> Evo-Devo approach, etc.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:46 AM, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Sent from AOL Mobile
>  If We remain a sophisticated civilization, we should be able to leave
> space exploration for the robots, until such a time and and place where we
> uncover something dynamically interesting. But this is for another
> generation to decide, and not ours. Which makes things,  seem, our world,
> our times, our worries, seem so temporary. On the other hand I am now
> reading the work by *Clement Vidal*, of Free University, Brussels, a
> colleague, of Bruno Marchal, on the meaning and purpose of intelligence,
> life, and cosmology, leading to the far future-a very, different
> perspective indeed.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Dr. Marchal, do you ever get in conversations with your fellow academician,*
> Clement Vidal*? He's a philosopher at your University? Do you ever get
> into the Evo-Devo view?

So that may be part of the reason the name is slowly becoming familiar
although I wouldn't know, as I can't search the list's archives completely,
nor do I receive/want all posts archived in my Inbox, therefore filtering
and/or ignoring a lot. PGC