From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Telmo Menezes
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 1:53 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: TEPCO admits Fukushima Daiichi Unit 1 core completely melted down

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:41 PM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List

From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I am saying that I don't know if uranium fission can be made safer, and
cheaper. I also think that part of the cost is waste management. I think that
natural gas, solar and wind (with Storage) may now be the past of least
resistance.

Fair enough. I don't know either, I just have the impression that a lot of
people who protest nuclear power (and influence political decisions) also don't
know.

The same statement could be made about, most people who support nuclear power –
and also influence political decisions -- how many supporters of nuclear power
do you think actually understand how nuclear power works (beyond the vaguest
generalities); what its issues are and what the potential risks are?

Fair enough.

One can dream about a Star Trek world where these decisions are driven by
honest science.

Instead (at least in the US) we have the best government money can buy.

Chris

Telmo.