On Tue, Apr 14, 2015  Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Whenever somebody says X is an illusion the first question that should be
>>  asked is how would things be different if X were not an illusion; so how
>>  would things be different if persisting through time were not an
>> illusion?
>

> > If being a unique entity persisting through time were not an illusion
> then in the case of duplication experiments we could definitely say
> that you would persist as one of the copies rather than the other.

If there were more than one Mr.You that persisted through time you would
still persist through time, but looking into the past there is indeed a
unique linear sequence of individuals culminating in the Mr. You of today.
But there a difference between the past and the future and if Many Worlds
is correct then unlike the past there is nothing linear and nothing unique
about Mr.You's future.

 John K Clark