In the thread discussing comp the topic of whether uploading is possible came
up. While tangentially related to comp, objections on the grounds of practical
impossibility miss the point. But! The topic is still very interesting.

Is uploading possible? If so, when will we have it?

What fidelity is necessary?

Will the upload still be you?

Would you sign up for a destructive upload? Conservative?

Feel free to toss any other questions into the mix.

For the record, I think uploading is possible, that destructive uploading will
come way sooner, I'm uncertain about fidelity, but I do think there could be a
functional isomorphism that doesn't depend on on a structural one, i.e. 100
simplified neurons might be required to capture the behavior of one physical
one. The substitution level i think is subcellular. I think uploading perserves
identity and I might actually prefer a destructive upload, when I consider the
disappointment of the me that wakes up still flesh and bone after a
conservative upload.