From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 24, 2015 09:38 PM
Subject: Re: Practicalities of Mind Uploading

On 25 April 2015 at 01:45, Bruce Kellett
href="mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au";>bhkell...@optusnet.com.au</a>></span>
wrote:

.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
LizR wrote:

.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 On 24 April 2015 at 23:03, spudboy100 via Everything List <
       <a target="_blank"
href="mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com";>everything-list@googlegroups.com</a>
 <mailto:
       <a target="_blank"
href="mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com";>everything-list@googlegroups.com</a>>>
 wrote:

     How about this? MWI, if true, refutes the no-clonning conundrum.

 Yes, that's my opinion too - but it doesn't allow US to do it. The MWI is
constantly duplicating quantum states, indeed there are infinite numbers of
copies of the entire universe's quantum state waiting to differentiate.

You mean the MWI doesn't
   <i>duplicate</i> quantum states? (i.e. after they differentiate, they're
different, and beforehand they're identical) ... good point.

(Even after decoherence there aren't multiple worlds, just areas that have
differentiated within the multiverse, which can't spread FTL).

email to
 <a target="_blank"
href="mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com";>everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com</a>.

 To post to this group, send email to