On 4/29/2015 4:15 AM, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:
Brent, each person is of course different, but if you want me to be picky picky picky, I can.

So not committing logical fallacies is your idea of being picky? It makes it so inconvenient to smear whomever you dislike.

Dawkins's hates all religious fanaticism, and has spoken out against Islamic fanaticism, so he's kind of a hero. An anti-religious one, but a hero none the less.

Hitchens was another hero of mine, trading punches with Islamists, and yes, even the Syrian Nazi party. He was a great guy.

And he was also a big promoter of invading Iraq.

Stenger, who knows? He was a crusty, sci dude, who opposed religion, but apparently Christianity.

Vic attacked all theisms, religions that worshipped a personal, prayer answering, commandment giving god.

Penn Jillette and Teller were talented illusionists, but caved on Islamic radicalism some years back. No kudos for cowardice--IT Takes Nothing to attack the Christians-NOTHING! Ah, but with the Jihadists, well, see, they're 3rd worlders and...

Von Mises, hell no! Ayn Rand, no she hated commies, as do I.

Larry Krauss. another clever physicist with a personality like a Gila Monster.

You must have met a different Larry Krauss. I've found him quite gracious. Maybe you shouldn't have started by attacking him as a Marxist.

Let me ask these rhetorical questions back at you.
Why are the so-called liberals so sympathetic to the old soviets,

Which liberals? Hitchens, Stenger, Krauss, Dawkins, Dennett...who the hell are you talking about? Strawman Obama? Liberal Hilary? Let's see you quote anything anyone of them has said in favor of the Soviet political or economic system.

to the new Islamists,

Quote?

to censorship of competing ideas.

Quote?

These are rhetorical questions, because we all know why.

No. They're rhetorical questions because you make up the answers with zero
facts.

We all know who the progressives see as their chief enemy. Ain't Putin, ain't China, ain't Iran, ain't ISIS. It's the middle class of the US, and the world.

So now it's the progressives. What happened to the atheist/marxists? Didn't work so well did it when it came down to actually having names.

Thus, the McCarthyite/Alinsky tactic that I use for the "Liberals" rings true because it's true. Now about the Atheist thing. I am really good with atheism as long as it's not wedded to the progressive (Neocom) ideology. What's neocomm? Glad you asked. It's the marriage of crony capitalists to progressive politicians. Notice how silent the antiwar types are when it comes to what Russia, or China, or Iran does, militarily, but howl like dogs when its US troops?

You don't suppose that has anything to do with the fact that they are U.S. citizens and so suppose that the U.S. military should be responsive to their wishes, whereas there's no reason for them to suppose Russia or China will be.

Twas this way during Nam. Do the say, Republicans have this as well? Absolutely. Which is _off topic_ on atheism, but explains why things are so badly screwed up. Witness Baltimore, and Ferguson as Americans future. Check your news today.

What's your point?  Where are your Tea Party friends when the police are the
thugs?