> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> ​
>>> ​>> ​
>>> If it is *FULLY*
>>>  disconnected from the physical world
>>> ​ then what sort of computer is the AI running on, and what is
>>> generating the virtual reality environment?​
>>>

>> ​> ​
>> If no sensor of the real world write anything  at all in the memory
>> available to the AI program... then how on earth does the fact it runs on a
>> physical computer matter ?
>>

> ​
> Matter always matters.

I repeat if there is *absolutely no sensors writing **any** information in
a *memory location* readable by the AI program how can that affect if ? how
can it knows that external world ?*

> ​ ​
> If it is FULLY
> ​ ​
> disconnected from the physical world
> ​ so
>
> there is no processor
> ​ made of matter that obeys the laws of physics​
>  and
> ​no ​
> memory
> ​ made of matter to write the outcome of a calculation
> ​
> ​to ​
> then how on earth can
> ​a​
>  AI
> ​
> program *DO* anything?

That's not what I'm talking about, yes the AI program runs on a physical
computer if you want, and stopping it, stops the program... but from the
POV of the AI program, that physical world has no bearing on it nor even
existence, as *nothing from it* absolutely *no information about that
external world* is passed to it, so *how on earth could it knows it, be
influenced by it* ?

> ​  John K Clark​

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)