On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The Quran, Chapter 112
>> <http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=112&translator=4>
>> Say: He is Allah, the One! Allah, the eternally Besought of all! He
>> begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him.
>>
>> The God I worship is not part of creation but rather outside and
>> independent of creation. My God, Allah, The Deity is The One who
>> *conceived* the entire creation, *coded* the software, *executed* to
>> create the hardware, and *sustains* the program wholly and entirely.
>> Allah is independent of the program and all within it. Everything and
>> everyone within the program is dependent on the All-Knowing God for
>> everything.
>>

> That's fine, except that now we need a theory of Allah, because everything
> else is irrelevant under that model. In fact, you just renamed "everything"
> to "Allah". So what's your theory of Allah?

Allah: there is nothing comparable to Him‏
The Quran introduces us to the attributes of Allah, but does not describe
the form of Allah, and that is where we must stop if we are believers.  As
per Quran 112:4 there is nothing like Allah, thus a believer in the Quran
should not try to imagine or state what Allah is.

Quran 31:30 describes Allah as Al-Haq.

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنَّ مَا يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ
الْبَاطِلُ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ

Al-Haq is among the many names or attributes of God. Though generally
translated as The Truth, the word al-Haq encompasses a range of meanings,
and as contrasted to baatil [falsehood], the primary signification the word
‘haq’ is  suitableness to the requirements of  wisdom, justice, right, or
rightness, truth, reality, or fact. The state, or quality, or property, of
being just, proper, right, correct. Lane’s Lexicon covers around six pages:
http://www.tyndalearchive.com/tabs/lane/
Al-Haq is merely one of the aspects of Allah (God) who is much more than
any word or concept that we can imagine or relate to. This link has a list
of names/attributes mentioned in the Quran:
http://www.whyislam.org/god/names-and-attributes-of-allah/

Quran 17:85 informs us that:

وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الرُّوحِ قُلِ الرُّوحُ مِنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّي وَمَا
أُوتِيتُم مِّنَ الْعِلْمِ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا

We are informed by verse 17:85 that the Ar-Ruh, generally translated as
Spirit,  is the Command of God, and of it we have been given very little
knowledge. Thus, it would be erroneous to think that God is Spirit. With
reference to what was breathed into Mary, mother of Jesus, please see:
http://signsandscience.blogspot.com/2015/10/virgin-birth.html

Quran 24:35 informs us that:

اللَّهُ نُورُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ مَثَلُ نُورِهِ كَمِشْكَاةٍ فِيهَا
مِصْبَاحٌ الْمِصْبَاحُ فِي زُجَاجَةٍ الزُّجَاجَةُ كَأَنَّهَا كَوْكَبٌ
دُرِّيٌّ يُوقَدُ مِن شَجَرَةٍ مُّبَارَكَةٍ زَيْتُونَةٍ لَّا شَرْقِيَّةٍ
وَلَا غَرْبِيَّةٍ يَكَادُ زَيْتُهَا يُضِيءُ وَلَوْ لَمْ تَمْسَسْهُ نَارٌ
نُّورٌ عَلَىٰ نُورٍ يَهْدِي اللَّهُ لِنُورِهِ مَن يَشَاءُ وَيَضْرِبُ
اللَّهُ الْأَمْثَالَ لِلنَّاسِ وَاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

The verse uses the term Nur to describe the presence of Allah in Samawaat
(Heavens/Skies) and Earth. The verse itself says that Allah is using
examples here for humans. Hence, the following are some of the terms as I
understand them:
Nur: light or something with similar properties which helps us see in the
dark
Glass: Nur is enclosed in Glass, an amorphous substance which we are very
familiar with on Earth, having the properties of transmitting, reflecting
and refracting light
Kawkab: the glass is likened to a Kawkab. The term ‘كَوْكَبٌ’  used in the
Quran seems to refer to objects which do not produce light, but shine due
to the light of another source. I think they are solid objects made from
sand/soil/clay, and have rocky features. Planets, asteroids, meteoroids and
comets, all fit in this description.  [
http://signsandscience.blogspot.com/2014/08/kawakib-planets-comets-and-other-rocky.html]

The verse goes on to give an example of the external source of the Nur as
an olive, a blessed tree, whose oil almost glows forth even if not touched
by fire, hence a radiant, continuous source of Nur in the As-Samawaat (the
seven concentric skies) and Al-Ard (the Earth).
I understand the terms  لَّا شَرْقِيَّةٍ وَلَا غَرْبِيَّةٍ as 'not of the
two origins and not of the two endings' that is the source of Nur is
external to the first(this) and second(Hereafter) creation of السَّمَاوَاتِ
وَالْأَرْضِ. I've discussed the reasons in some detail at:
http://signsandscience.blogspot.com/2014/08/guarding-sky.html
Allah can use examples as Allah knows everything.
However, we should not use examples for Allah, as we do not know, as Quran
 16:74 warns us:

فَلَا تَضْرِبُوا لِلَّهِ الْأَمْثَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا
تَعْلَمُونَ

Multiple translations of the verses are available at:
http://www.islamawakened.com/index.php/qur-an

May Allah guide us to His Nur, increase us in guidance, be well-pleased
with us when we meet Him, and perfect our nur for us.

http://islam-qna.blogspot.com/2016/01/allah-there-is-nothing-comparable-to-him.html

Samiya