Da: spudboy100 via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>

Data: 28/04/2016 21.46

A: <everything-list@googlegroups.com>

Ogg: Re: R: Re: Non-locality and MWI

Is there any practical technical use for MWI as applied science. Just asking?

Dunno. Quantum computers?

Maybe there is a Many Interpretations Conjecture :-)

Interpretations
of quantum mechanics, unlike Gods, are not jealous, and thus it is safe to

believe
in more than one at the same time. So if the many-worlds interpretation makes
it

easier
to think about the research you're doing in April, and the Copenhagen

interpretation
makes it easier to think about the research you're doing in June, the

Copenhagen
interpretation is not going to smite you for praying to the many-worlds

interpretation.
At least I hope it won't, because otherwise I'm in big trouble.

---Peter
Shor
I believe in every interpretation of quantum mechanics to the extent it points
outthe problem, and disbelieve in every interpretation to the extent it claims
to have solved it.--Scott Aaronson