On 01 May 2017, at 01:30, John Clark wrote:

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​​>> ​OK b​ut ​tell me Bruno, how many correct answers to the question "which city will BM feel​ ​feel to be personally​​ i​n after the duplication?​" Do you think there is only one correct answer or are there two? I say two and I can subpoena W-BM and M-BM as witnesses to bolster my case. If you say ​ only ​one then which city did it turn out to be, Moscow ​or Washington?​

​> ​The whole point is that for both copies, they can be only one answern given that the question is on the future 1p views,

​OK then tell me, what is that one and only one answer? Is it Moscow or Washington? And if there is only one then why do you call it "​ the future 1p views​", why is it plural? ​

Because we are in a duplication thought experiment. We can say that the one answer will be "Washington and not Moscow" or "Moscow and not Washington", but in Helsinki we can't predict which one precisely. You ask me non-sensical or ambiguous question. In that duplication context, we must be precise if we talk about the 1-views, the 3-views, sometimes the 3-1 views etc.

​> ​You are again describing the 3-1 view, and dismissing both 1- view of the copies.

​I'm not describing "the 1-p" or "the 3p" or or "the 3-1 view" or "the future 1p views​ ", I'm not interested in any of your baby talk terms,

Then you will keep asking non-sensical question, and claim wrongly that there is a problem with the argument, when there is none, once we use the definitions given.

I'm just asking how many correct answers to the question "what cities will the Helsinki man see?" are there. I say there are 2,

In the 3-1 view, but that is not what is asked.

you say there is only one, ​you say ​it is M OR W but not both, so I want to know which answer turned out to be wrong, was ​ Washington wrong or was Moscow wrong?

Washington is wrong, given that it fails for the Moscow man, and Moscow is wrong as it fails for the Washington man. When doing a prediction, we want it to be correct for the majorities of (here) first experiences involved after pushing the button.

​>> ​​W-BM says I am Bruno Marchal and I see Washington. M-BM says ​I am Bruno Marchal and I see​ Moscow.

​> ​More precisely: W-BM says I am Bruno Marchal and I see only Washington and I could not have predicted this.

​Maybe so,

Good! but it is (as we assume mechanism): certainly so.

but if Helsinki Bruno Marchal could not have predicted that Washington Bruno Marchal was Bruno Marchal​ and that ​Washington Bruno Marchal​ would see Washington then Helsinki ​ Bruno Marchal​ was mighty damn bad at prediction! I'll tell you one thing, Helsinki John Clark could have predicted it.​

Then Moscow-JC can see he was wrong in Helsinki.

​> ​Indeed if I would have predicted this my fellow in Moscow would refute it.

​Maybe so, if Moscow ​Bruno Marchal​ was as clueless as Helsinki ​Bruno Marchal​. But I'll tell you one thing, Moscow John Clark would not refute it.​

Then he talk about the 3-1 view, and not about his own first person experience, and this means he does not address the question asked. Simply.

​>> ​And if it was only one which one did it turn out to be, was it Washington or Moscow?​

​> ​Obviously it was W for the W-BM, and M for the M-BM,

​And both the W-BM and the M-BM are the H-BM, therefore the H-BM will see W and M.

Not at all. H-BM will see W, and H-BM will see M, but none will see "W and M". And "H-BM will see W, and H-BM will see M," is a 3-1 description of the 1p, but it is not the 1p experiences themselves, as nobody will see the two cities at once.

Either you are dumb, or you are gifted in making people believe that you are dumb. You continue to systematically ignore the 1p and 3p views, which is at the heart of the whole mind-body problem clarification here.

And don't start throwing peas at me, you're the one who said "​ it was W for the W-BM, and M for the M-BM​" not me.​

​> ​but the point is that when BM was unique in Helsinki, he could not know if he would feel to become the W-BM, or the M-BM in advance.

​In advance? H-BM does not know even after the experiment is over which city he ended up seeing and neither does anybody else, and that's why it is not a experiment at all and nothing can be learned from it. ​

On the contrary, that is why the H-guy, or anyone else for that matter, when we assume mechanism, can be sure of not being able to predict which first person experience the guy in Helsinki will live. He can be sure it will be "one city", and that such city will be among {Washington, Moscow}, because that will be true for all the resulting first person experience.

​>> ​The re​-​merged Bruno Marchal   vividly remembers
writing in his diary​ ​It is 17:23:33 Coordinated​ ​Universal
Time on 4-28-2017 and I am​ l​ooking at the White
House " . And the remerged Bruno Marchalalso vividly
remembers writing in his diary " It is 17:23:33​
Coordinated Universal Time on 4-28-2017 and I am
looking at the​  Kremlin “.  And I have access to both
diaries so I know Bruno's​  memory is not faulty.

​>​Yes, and he remembers vividly getting locally, at that moment, one bit of
information, and living an asymmetrical situation.

I don't know what "getting locally" means, I don't see
 what is asymmetrical, and I don't know which one is
 "he".

Do you agree that the guy in Washington lives an asymmetrical experiences "I feel in W and not in W" ?