On 26 Oct 2017, at 22:33, Brent Meeker wrote:

On 10/26/2017 12:51 PM, John Clark wrote:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

​> ​ Are you claiming, without evidence, that cannabis is cheaper and safer than all other pain killers?

​I don't know about Bruno but I am claiming ​i n the entire history of the world there is not ​been ​ one confirmed case ​ of death by marijuana ​ ​ overdose, the same can not be said of aspirin. In addition ​,​ recent studies have found that after states in the USA legalized marijuana ​ ​ overdose deaths ​ from opioids ​DECREASED by 25%. ​ ​O xycodone ​ used for chronic pain can kill you but marijuana ​ can not, and it's only a unfortunate historical accident that alcohol is socially acceptable but cannabis is ​ not.​

(1) There are a lot of other painkillers

Yes, but except salvia, they are usually either more addictive (under the same conditions) and more toxic, and more expensive.

and (2) marijuana is not equally effective as oxycodone and (3) in many states and nations doctors can prescribe marijuana just as they can other pain killers.

Well, Perou is just the sixth states in South-America to have legalized medical cannabis, but in the US ii is illegal at the federal level, and cannabis is still schedule one, which means no right to do research, or only with many difficulties, ... Big-Pharma resists, and we can understand.

And I'm 100% in favor of legalizing marijuana and have been for decades - not because I think it has any amazing medical powers, but because "the war on (some) drugs" is a civil rights disaster, screwing up people's lives right and left and distorting law enforcement (c.f. civil forefiture).

OK, we agree on this.

By the way, I have never smoked a ​ marijuana ​ cigarette in my life, so far I've never had the need but if I ever get cancer I would certainly start with a joint before I moved onto O xycodone ​ .

http://www.newsweek.com/opioid-marijuana-legal-states-hospital-overdose-addiction-575385

​John K Clark​

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to everything- l...@googlegroups.com.