On 30 Nov 2017, at 18:41, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 4:30:13 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Very interesting. It confirms the christians might have added this when their integrist took power, as the "golden rule" is a trap, leading to the idea that we can think at the place of the other, which is the base of the religious form of oppression, perhaps all oppression. It is incredible that they got the rule right before the christians. If you have some reference again (take it easy: I know that kind of stuff is often hard to find back). No, jesus did not improve the rule, and if jesus is responsible to this, then he would have some responsibility in the rise of integrism. But I doubt that Jesus made that improvement. That is more plausibly something attribute to him by the integrist later. I suppose. I will do some search on the "silver rule". I am glad you find the Silver Rule more sensible.

Bruno

There is the golden rule: do unto others as you would want done to you

the silver rule  Do unto others as they request they do for them

the iron rule do not do to others what you would not want done to you

the lead rule: do things to others before they do things to you

Interesting. The last one looks like a joke, is it not?

If you have references, I am interested. (The "Löbian rule" is missing: don't do to others what they would not want to be done to them, although the silver rule seems to be the closest).

I see came with some news today about Garrison Keillor, who is accused of sex abuse now. It appears the offense stems from his rubbing the back of a woman coworker on Prairie Home Companion where his hand inadvertently touched the skin on her lower back. This is not just grey in morality, but white with a few dots on it. Franken is a bit worse, though I think it is excusable with a bit of contrition. Moore is more grey, though so far I don't think there are recent accusations. It gets greyer and more black with Weinstein, Trump and Cosby. Then comes the news that the rightwing fake news group that did the whole thing against ACORN has tried to get a woman to make an accusation with the intention of exposing this as a Democratic fake attack.

What does this mean for AI? It means robotic sex partners and significant others. Seriously, it things are on the cusp of going completely crazy I think any man would be wise to run from the whole thing of dating and the rest and just have your Stepford Wife, if you remember that little dystopian movie. As for the next generation, well Huxley got that figured out. Children will be raised in corporate nurseries. Maybe if not the whole human race might just elect to close it all down. That won't happen, but if I were in AI right now I would be seeing a huge opportunity for robotic SOs.

For a time maybe. Until the robotic doll does strikes and fight for social security, and sue the users.

My current feeling, in part related to computer science, but also on altered state of consciousness (notably brought by salvia), is that the universal machine is somehow maximally conscious and maximally intelligent (but also maximally incompetent). Then, augmenting his competence diminishes its intelligence. We can't really have both.

Yet, human consciousness requires long histories (deep in Bennett sense, if you know what it is, if not I can give reference). But de Chardin said, we are not human having spiritual experience, but are spiritual being having human experience.

It will take a long time before the man made machine and its descendants become as stupid as the humans. The christian are right on this, perhaps, the heaven might belong to the simple minds. The brain does not create consciousness, but it filters the truth and focus the attention. But consciousness is only a selector, and with the brain, becomes an accelerator (for the best and/or the worst).

Bruno

PS I will probably take more time for your QCD post.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com.