On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:30:33 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

> On 1/13/2018 2:44 PM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>

> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 2:59:00 PM UTC-7, Brent wrote:
>>
>> Classically, the radiation isn't "trapped"; it goes to the singularity
>> (what the QM does? dunno).  The inflowing radiation is just that starlight
>> that falls on the event horizon...which is not particularly bright.
>>
>> Brent
>>

> I'm referring to the INTERIOR of the BH.
>

> So am I.
>
> If the radiation is trapped inside, the environment is likely hot and
> bright.
>

> Or it's absorbed by the singularity...or whatever is really there.
> There's not reasonable picture in which it is "trapped inside" and is
> flying around inside the black hole.  Inside a Schawarzschild black hole
> "the singularity" is on the future of every world line, including null
> ones.  Inside a Kerr-Newman black hole it may be possible to miss "the
> singularity" but then it appears to connect to a another spacetime.  Both
> of these are solutions for eternal black holes, so when it's a black hole
> that forms and then evaporates the solutions may not hold.  However, except
> near "the singularity" the analyses would hold and so except for within
> nanoseconds of "the singularity" all photons are going to be traveling
> toward "the singularity" and not flying around willy-nilly, "trapped" in
> the black hole.  They can't turn around because that direction is the past.
>
> Brent

This of course gets a bit weird. I put in a short Penrose diagram of the
Kerr-Newman black hole. Matter on the right I region will cross the r_+
horizon and fall into the III spacelike region. From there it must cross
the interior horizon at r_-. Now there are two funny points here. The first
is whether the r_- horizon is a mass inflation singularity and prevents any
information from crossing. The other is a spatial surface in the cosmology
region I has two alternatives that connect to two inner timelike regions IV
and V. This illustrates some possible monodromy associated with the
interior of a black hole.

The prospect of this monodromy raises the question of whether these inner
regions IV and V are in some ways entangled with quantum states in the
exterior region. There then might be some physical region there instead of
just this being a mathematical idealization. If so this interior region is
filled with radiation and particles on closed timelike curves cycling
around the singularity. The real question of course is whether there is
some entanglement of states between the regions I and II, two timelike
regions that may have multiverse considerations, and whether the ambiguity
of how one pushes a spacelike surface forwards means there are also
entanglements in the two interior regions.

LC

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LFRNH9NhvUg/WltY3b6FPtI/AAAAAAAADNI/nXma0OO04KQPjLnzq9W3_Jv45DnffpcfgCLcBGAs/s1600/Penrose%2Bdiagram%2Bfor%2BRN%2Bwith%2B2%2Bspatial%2Bsurfaces.png>