From: *Bruno Marchal* <marc...@ulb.ac.be <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>>
On 23 Apr 2018, at 13:10, Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au <mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au>> wrote:

From: *Bruno Marchal* <marc...@ulb.ac.be <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>>
On 23 Apr 2018, at 05:43, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

From: *Brent Meeker* <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>

On 4/22/2018 9:19 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

    It follows from both QM and Comp. If Alice and Bob are
    space-separated, I cannot even makes sense of how you can
    measure correlations, given that once they are separated,
    whatever result they got, will be shared with different Alice
    and Bob in different branch. I am not even sure we can define
    what could be an action at a distance in the quantum
    formalism. The notion does not even makes sense when we
    assume special relativity. The only reason to believe this is
    the habit to think that there is only one bob and one Alice,
    which makes no sense once separated, unless they are
    correlated with a third observer, but then, again by looking
    at the wave without collapse, there will be no action at a
    distance. The no locality is only an appearance due to the
    fact that we belong to infinities of histories, and cannot
    known which one we are in.

It depends on what you mean by "action at a distance". The theory you are depending on for these pronouncements entails that, on a MW picture, some of the possible worlds have probabilities that go to zero as a result of an interaction at Alice or at Bob. So an interaction at one of them changes the probabilities at the other.

For Bruno, it seems that "non-locality" means "action at a distance", where he interprets that to mean that there is some superluminal transfer of information,

I prefer to distinguish non-locality (inseparability), action at a distance, and transfer of information at a distance. Even in a mono-universe theory, the action at a distance exists (by EPR-BELL) but cannot be used to transfer information. But in the multiverse, we have the inseparability, but we don’t have any action-at-a-distance. At least that is what I am arguing for.

That is what you are arguing for. But you have not as yet put forward any clear and convincing argument that you can succeed in your search for such a theory. You have to take the accepted formalism for the singlet state and develop a unitary theory that avoids non-locality. I have recently reproduced the argument given by several MWI advocates, and have shown that it does not avoid the non-locality intrinsic to the non-separability of the singlet state wave function. Your challenge is to start from the same state and apply unitary evolution to reach a different conclusion.

I did it, and later I refer to Price simpler treatment. Deustch did the same in the Heisenberg picture. See the answer by Saibal, I can hardly do better

What answer by Saibal? He has not explained anything. As for Price, he just did not see that he had built non-separability, and hence non-locality, into his treatment. Deutsch tries to answer the case by showing that information transfer is everywhere local. That is fine, because that was never in dispute. He does not seem to realize that it is the non-separability of the wave-function, not information transfer, that lies at the heart of the issue, and he simply did not address the real source of the non-locality; which is that the wave-function itself vanishes for combinations of worlds that violate angular momentum conservation. It is a property of the wave-function, not a property of the number of "worlds" you consider, or the way information is conveyed between experimenters.

Bruce