I know. But no information was extracted from the welcher weg photons before
they were erased. I.e., no consciousness "recorded" which way and then forgot
the result. I think the act of recording the result, by a consciousness or
anything else, is inherently irreversible. If no record is made, then erasure
is perfectly possible. Just knowing that there were welcher weg photons that
have been erased is not quite the same thing.

Bruce

----
this paper seems interestig (and also quantitative), a concrete example of the
relationship between information and interference in quantum systems.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.09442

Measurement-induced decoherence and information in double-slit interference

Joshua Kincaid https://arxiv.org/search?searchtype=author&query=Joshua+Kincaid
, Kyle McLelland
https://arxiv.org/search?searchtype=author&query=Kyle+McLelland , Michael
Zwolak https://arxiv.org/search?searchtype=author&query=Michael+Zwolak