On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 10:52:51 AM UTC-5, telmo_menezes wrote:

> https://edwardfeser.blogspot.fr/2018/05/godel-and-unreality-of-time.html

 The Gödel universe is a net rotating universe. The whole spacetime is
rotating, which means the Kerr effect dominates over standard gravitation.
This results in closed timelike curves. This spacetime violates the
averaged weak energy condition (AWC) T^{00} ≥ 0 of Hawking and Penrose,
which means quantum fields are not bounded below. The anti-de Sitter (AdS)
spacetime violates the averaged weak energy condition as well. However, its
conformal structure is such that on a local causal patch closed timelike
curves are removed.

The Gödel universe most likely does not exist, or at least we are not in
that spacetime. Since it violates the AWC quantum particles can emerge from
the vacuum. With the AdS spacetime causal wedges can generate entire
cosmologies. I am not sure if the Gödel universe can do this. Generally
this is regarded as a pathological spacetime, one that is maybe removed by
a superselection of states in quantum gravitation.

I am not sure this means time does not exist. It would mean in a way that
time has no global properties, but locally it would still have meaning. On
a frame with a short enough duration there is not time looping it seems
plausible that time can be defined

LC