On 8/20/2018 2:06 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 19 Aug 2018, at 21:36, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 8/19/2018 3:09 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 17 Aug 2018, at 22:59, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 8/17/2018 7:37 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Of course, but that does not justify the idea that all branches pre-exist.
But that is not exactly what I am saying. I am saying that some superposition
can be interpreted as different superposition. When Alice choose her spin
direction, she will chose a partition of the multiverse, which is a sort of
multi-multiverse. Without this, not only we have FTL, but we get
super-determinism. Alice is no more choosing anything.
But already with no-collapse multiverse  you have super determinism.
?

The only question is where different branches of possibility diverge.  Alice's
choosing is, in the usual case, a deterministic choice, not one that produces
or identifies her with a different branch than the one before her choice.  It
just muddles the argument to introduce the measurement directions as different
possibilities.
Yet, if she has a “real ability to chose”, that will determine the type of
branch she can found herself in. If not, the singlet state cannot be
rotationally invariant. The singlet state gives an infinity of superposition
possibles. We forget this by assuming that ud is supposed to du, but u’d is
superposed with d’u’ too.
But Alice and the detector are not in a singlet state and when you combine them
in a product with the singlet state the result is no long rotationally
invariant.
The rotational invariance of the singlet state has not been broken, and in
principle Alice can get back to it by quantum memory erasure, unless collapse.

Yes, by erasing her interaction with it.   But the interaction term depends on her choice of detector orientation, so the symmetry is broken by the interaction even before there is decoherence...which is why it is possible to erase it.