> On 3 Oct 2018, at 14:51, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 4:10 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>
> >>Bruno, whenever you use that word [theology] or the G word you just lose
> >>me, I don't know what you're talking about.
>
> >Consider any digital machine. It corresponds to some number k [...] The
> >theology of the machine k is define by the set of all true sentence about k.
>
> And "God" is defined that way by you and by no one else in the observable
> universe,

Here you participate with the most authoritarian people of the church to
dismiss one millenium of theology (and actually more if you take into account
the Middle-East where the pagan theologian are forced to run when they get
persecuted in Occident). Please read Plotinus or Proclus, the most prominent
figure.
Then many philosopher use also god in that large sense. Many European
christians are aware of this meaning of God, and takes it seriously. What you
say is just plain wrong, and many people on this list have already make that
point more than once.

> but OK lets go with that. So there is not one God there are an infiniti of
> them,

No, there is only one. The reason why you are here is the same as the reason
why any universal number exist. I did not say that any machine is god. The
theology of the machine k is defined by the set of all true sentences about k.
That set is included in the arithmetical truth, which is the same for all
machines, but of course, you can associate to each machine is proper theology,
why is what is truth about that machine in particular.

> and not one of those Gods is as intelligent as a snail or has any
> consciousness and far from being all powerful none of those Gods is capable
> of doing anything because God is just a number; He isn't even a vector, God
> is only a scalar.

By incompleteness, the set of truth about a machine is not a machine. So God is
not a number, nit even a computable set of numbers, not even a partial
computable set of numbers.

> Bruno, you seem to think if you can just make the right definitions you can
> unlock the secrets of reality but by inventing your own personal language all
> you do is confuse people, and the easiest person to confuse is yourself.

Read the post, simply. Ask if you don’t understand something. What you just
said above just shows that you don’t read the post..

Bruno