On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:19 PM Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 12:00:18 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>>>  Histories are (hidden) states.
>>>

>> It becomes obvious that you don't really understand consistent histories,
>> either.
>>
>> Bruce
>>

> I've never once mentioned *consistent histories*, only *sum over
> histories*.

Inconsistent histories?

> (Did you watch the lecture by Fay Dowker?)

No, I don't watch utube videos.

Pointer states [ https://arxiv.org/abs/1508.04101 ] can best be understood
> as related to histories via the *Reflective Path Integral* interpretation
> of the EPR experiment.

Your arxiv references do not support your case. Reverse causation, as it
seems to be required in your account, is simply a nonsense. Huw Price lost
the plot a long time ago.

There is no competition between the different paths between the initial and
final state -- which is what is used to calculate probabilities in the path
integral approach. So there is no Darwinian (or other) selection of one
such path over others. Quantum Darwinism is about something quite
different. Even Wikipedia agrees! Read Zurek's papers on this.

Bruce