On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 7:25 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

*>>> A computer is a universal number.*

>> I agree because my personal idiosyncratic definition of "universal
> number" is a chip of Silicon made by the Intel corporation, and that is
> ever bit as valid as your personal idiosyncratic definition of "universal
> number". And since you quoted every word of my long post without comment I
> assume you agree with every word of it. Why else would you repost it?
>

> *> My definition of “universal machine” or “universal number” is the
> standard one.*

The standard definition of “universal number” involves teeth and is used
only by dentists. And you can't equate "machine" and "number" because one
can change and one can't, and one can interact with time and one can't.
Consciousness can change and consciousness can interact with time but
numbers can't.

> > *The chip off silicon, when being a general purpose computer, is a
> physical implementation of universal number.*

So your personal idiosyncratic definition of a "universal number" is a
tooth.

John K Clark