On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 05:18:51PM -0700, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
wrote:

> On 9/10/2019 4:30 PM, Bruce Kellett wrote:
> > Another argument that has been given here before is that if quantum
> > immortality is true, then we should expect to see a number of people who
> > are considerably older than the normal life expectancy -- and we do not
> > see people who are two or three hundred years old. Even if the
> > probabilities are very low, there have been an awful lot of people born
> > within the last 500 or so years -- some must have survived on our branch
> > if this scenario is true.
>
> My argument was that each of us should find ourselves to be much older than
> even the oldest people we know.

Only if the ASSA is true, not the RSSA. But even if the ASSA is true,
the total measure of very old observer moments may well be
insignificant compared with those of moderate age, so no, your
argument fails. The latter was my mistake in an argument I had with
Jacques Mallah once.