From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Sep 28, 2019 1:06 pm
Subject: Quantum Supremacy.

Here is a copy of that leaked paper:
Quantum Supremacy Using a Programmable Superconducting Processor

I found these quotes from it to be particularly interesting:
"We show that quantum speedup is achievable in a real-world system and is
not precluded by any hidden physical laws."
"Our processor takes about 200 seconds to sample one instance of the quantum
circuit 1 million times, a state-of-the-art supercomputer would require
approximately 10,000 years to perform the equivalent task."
"Quantum processors based on superconducting qubits can now perform
computations in a Hilbert space of dimension 2^53 ≈ 9 × 10^15, beyond the reach
of the fastest classical supercomputers available today. To our knowledge, this
experiment marks the first computation that can only be performed on a quantum
processor."
"Quantum processors have thus reached the regime of quantum supremacy. We
expect their computational power will continue to grow at a double exponential
rate"
For me the most stunning thing about the entire article is the 3 words "double
exponential rate"
John K Clark--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv1cLygnnixVMK%2BEv0E%2B%2BcXngB7fPeNmGn0c79zfUB7o2Q%40mail.gmail.com.