On Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 11:13:36 AM UTC-5, Tomasz Rola wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 04:56:00PM +0200, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 12:35:53PM -0700, Philip Thrift wrote:
> > >
> > > For Lisp(s)/Scheme/Racket fans:
> > >
> [...]
> > >
> > > Other quantum/Lisp refs?
> >
> > PicoLisp:
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picolisp
> >
> > As the name suggests, they really are after quantum effects. It is
> > just Lisp part which does not fit such sizes very well (i.e., too big).
>
> Well, my snark remark have been written because something in me told
> me you were asking with tongue in cheek. And maybe because I consider
> subject to be either old and dead or very very futuristic.
>
> On top of this, my horoscope told me I would be required to be
> creative about something I have no idea about.
>
> MHO on
>
> Overally, LISP family of languages are nice fit for experiments with
> language extension - simple syntax makes it easy to create one's own
> libraries which then look like part of the language themselves. And
> macros. Original implementation of object oriented system is quite
> often written as loadable library in LISP. Which means, one can extend
> language on a whim. It also means, there may be many competing
> extensions, each doing only some of what I need. Or
> half-implemented...
>
> This also means, one can program one's code in, say, LISP, as
> usual. When some clever folk comes up with idea, all references to car
> and cdr will be updated with their quantum counterparts inside newly
> created LISP interpreter. In about... ten years from now? I guess they
> will have one such flight computer onboard of manned Moon
> mission... It should be so much easier to dodge asteroids, since an
> asteroid would never know which way the ship went, until they met.
>
> (I use "LISP" with meaning "one of LISP family", so you would probably
> want to substitude LISP with any of your preferrence: LISP, Autolisp,
> R7RS, CL, Elisp, scm or what have you).
>
> MHO off
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tomasz Rola

> ** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home    **
> ** directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened...      **
> **                                                                 **
> ** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomas...@bigfoot.com <javascript:>

Racket

     https://racket-lang.org/

seems to be where a lot of Lispers go to now.

It is used for

– language-oriented programming
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language-oriented_programming>
– language “workbenches <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_workbench>

(Racket came from Scheme - get the naming joke?)

I was in TI's 1980s AI Lab that made the TI Lisp Machine. Here's something
I did:

    *Common Lisp relations: an extension of Lisp for logic programming*
    Philip R. Thrift
    Proceedings. 1988 International Conference on Computer Languages
    [abstract
<https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Common-Lisp-relations%3A-an-extension-of-Lisp-for-Thrift/31188679f57821fd125be10382e9d41be0d59fd1>
]

I'm toying with a new language extension I invented:

CLIPjoint
Concurrent Logic Implementation of Processes
(embedded in Racket)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_workbench>

Maybe someone should work on a Racket workbench for quantum programming?

Heres's a Racket workbench for Python:
-
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/cbf5/ee924abd50596657f96f7e1a0c51c9854ed7.pdf

etc.

LISP, Lisp, and all its descendants are for the language people.

@philipthrift