On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 1:59:04 PM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> *> Path Integrals and Reality*
>> Adrian Kent
>> https://arxiv.org/pdf/1305.6565.pdf
>> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Farxiv.org%2Fpdf%2F1305.6565.pdf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNERHNJEgD0_l5cIvbnLeJg3lkdwmA>
>>
>> *> We define the idea of real path quantum theory, a realist
>> generalization of quantum theory in which it is postulated that the
>> configuration space path actually followed by a closed quantum system is
>> probabilistically chosen. ... The ultimate vision of those who take path
>> integral quantum theory as fundamental to all of physics is a path integral
>> formulation of quantum gravity and quantum cosmology.*
>>

> And how does that differ from the Shut Up And Calculate quantum
> interpretation?

I'll bet you Adrian Kent's paper* (did you read it?) is netter than Shut Up
And Read Sean Carroll's Book On Many Worlds.

* "It gives a clear physical meaning to the paths and to probabilities
associated with them. It also suggests a clear and conceptually
unproblematic way of justifying from first principles the appearance of
quasiclassical trajectories."

@philipthrift