On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 12:43:23 AM UTC-6, Alan Grayson wrote:

> On Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 11:55:58 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:
>>
>> On 10/26/2019 10:48 PM, Alan Grayson wrote:

>>> Who says we don't have that concept?  We have the mathematics to
>>> describe and predict it.  What more do you want...something that would
>>> convince Aristotle or your great-grandmother?  Nature doesn't need to
>>> adjust to your intuition; it's the other way around.
>>>
>>> Brent
>>>

>> That's the "shut up and calculate" philosophy. So was Feynman wrong when
>> he said no one understands QM? AG
>>

>> You still haven't said what you mean by "understand".  What is it over
>> and above being able to correctly apply the mathematics and get the right
>> answer.  What is it you think Zurek or Carroll or Lawrence or Schlosshauer
>> don't understand?
>>
>> Brent
>>

> Here's what I understand about an electron in the double slit experiment.
> It doesn't occupy two locations simultaneously as a particle. Rather, when
> *not* observed it behaves like a wave, goes through both slits, and
> interferes with itself. When observed, it behaves as a particle. Now please
> explain the form of the wf in S cat experiment, applying decoherence before
> and after it completes, while the box is closed. TIA, AG

Since observing the electron forces it into its particle form, the
interference is destroyed in the which-way experiment. I am not sure what
how those physicists interpret the double slit experiment, but I can make a
good guess that Carroll adopts the most unintelligible interpretation;
namely, that the particle is in multiple locations simultaneously. AG