On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 12:20:17 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

I think Bruno's hope is to recover the Schroedinger equation as a kind of
> stat-mech limit of his universal dovetailer threads.  This might comport
> with Zurek's idea of quantum Darwinism.
>
> Brent

Bruno's 'dovetailer' seems more like Seth Lloyd's  'sum over computations':

https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/0501135.pdf

An appealing choice of quantum computation is one which consists of a
coherent superposition of all possible quantum computations, as in the case
of a quantum Turing machine whose input tape is in a uniform superposition
of all possible programs. Such a ‘sum over computations’ encompasses both
regular and random architectures within its superposition, and weighs
computations according to the length of the program to which they
correspond: algorithmically simple computations that arise from short
programs have higher weight. The observational consequences of this and
other candidate computations will be the subject of future work.

@philipthrift