> On 12 Mar 2020, at 14:07, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 11:21:55 PM UTC-5, spudb...@aol.com wrote:
> You're ignoring quantum and photonic computing??!!
>

> No, quantum computing does not even map NP problems into P. I does not get
> around incompleteness results of Turing and Goedel.

That’s right. In fact super-hyper-machine does not escape incompleteness and
can even be super-hyper-incomplete.Using the infinite to escape Gödel
incompleteness does not work, or becomes trivial.

I will consider admitting the infinite in the ontology the day I got an
infinite salary :)

Even the induction axioms are not allowed in the ontology, despite being the
main axiom about what is an observer.

Quantum computing (and I guess photonic computing) does not violate the
Church-Turing thesis. David Deustch saw this clearly already in its main
quantum computability paper.

Bruno