On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 4:57:41 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> With Mechanism, a priori, nature does not compute at all, but emerge from
> a non computable sum on all computations (in the relative way). This must
> be “observable” when we look below our substitution level. That this sum
> can be Turing universal can be explained, but is still astonishing.
>

> Bruno
>

> Mathematical logicians like Hamkins have gone beyond Gödel and Cohen:
There is a "multiverse" of mathematical "truths"  - in effect, there are
machines at different computing levels ("Turing jumps") that return *different
results* (different answers to questions).

What nature does relative to this mathematics - who knows.

(If nature is finite - composed of a finite number of "states" - then it
would obviously be computable -since then nature could be modeled - at
least stochastically -  by a finite collection of lookup probability
tables.)

@philipthrift