> On 1 Jun 2020, at 18:46, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 2:37:22 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 30 May 2020, at 19:24, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>> I wrote a paper recently for publication on how the unital set of QM is a
>> Cantor/fractal set that is fundamentally incomputable.
>
> I use the Cantor (triadic) set, or the Baire space. But it is more the
> measure on the possible local input puts.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by a set (or real) being “fundamentally
> incomputable”.
>
> In the case of a Cantor set the "dust" can be reached (mapped by a function
> etc from one point to another) by a p-adic representations, but different
> elements have different p-adic groups. The Matiyaesivich results shows there
> does not exist a single method for all p-adic groups, Here the fractal is
> identified with the p-adic set. Actually this is not so much a fractal, but
> rather the complement of a fractal.

I don’t see the relation between p-adic number and Matiyasevic’s result (which
I have studied in all details, notably in Matiyaevic book, which does not
mention p-adic numbers). I would appreciate some references.

> I am really more interested in the impact with standard math and what might
> be called practical results. Issues with the ontology of mathematics I am
> less concerned about.

I am interested in the mind-body problem, and my point is that with mechanism,
the physical laws are at a very well precise place in the “head of the
universal numbers”, so that we can test mechanism experimentally, and as it
predicted quantum mechanics/logics, it makes sense to say that the evidence is
for mechanism (with 0 universes, but many-histories/dreams).

Bruno

We are not human beings having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual beings
having human experiences (de Chardin).