> On 26 Jun 2020, at 00:32, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> There isn't much more that's been said about the (underdeterminative) nature
> of theories beyond what Duhem, Quine said decades ago.

Quine is a materialist? He said this in the frame of Aristotle philosophy. He
missed the fact that incompleteness makes some “essence” back in science, like
the greeks saw much earlier. So, Quine explanation can’t work when we assume
Descartes, Darwin, etc. He needs a non mechanical mind, which, BTW,
re-introduced some “essence” too, in metaphysics (where the essence are the
most troubling, I would say).

Bruno