On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 1:36 AM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Its a oligarchy in the form of a plutocracy. I sometimes wonder if it
> hasn't been this way since the Civil War,

Plutocracy is nothing new and so cannot be the root cause of the
difficulties we've been having in the last five years or so. Plutocracy
exists in every society except for pure communism, and there we see a total
concentration of power with the state having every bit of it, there are no
secondary power centers around rich private citizens. So in communism the
politicians have all the power, especially the top guy, thus the
politicians don't need money, they can do whatever they want without it.
For that reason I prefer plutocracy to communism, although I recognize that
when the poorest 50% of Americans possess less wealth than the poorest half
of China's citizens, as is the case today, and when the world's richest
2,750 billionaires have more wealth than the poorest 4,600,000,000 fellow
inhabitants of planet Earth it's an unstable situation and you're really
asking for trouble.

> *> all I need to do is look at the riots of 2020 tolerated deliberately in
> democratic party cities.*

Oh for Darwin's sake!!  Every riot in the USA that occurred in the last
century or more was absolutely trivial compared with the riot that happened
in Washington DC on January 6, 2021, the day the House and Senate and the
Vice President were meeting to certify the 2020 election and decide who the
next president of the republic and commander in chief of the most powerful
military on the planet should be. And none of those rioters were Democrats,
they were members of the republican party, or I should say the
Antidemocratic Party, and they were encouraged to do so by politicians who
also belonged to the Antidemocratic Party.

cdt