From: Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
To: Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Cc: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 18, 2022 2:52 pm
Subject: Re: DeepMind's New AI: As Smart As An Engineer... Kind Of!

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022, 2:05 PM spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Well JC, I for one was never a fan othe marvin minsky, Guy in a Box, or for
that matter, Alan Turing's fool me once, approach. My rage is for machine intel
to make new or improve upon, our inventions. Stuff we may not have noted for
decades as human researchers. Otherwise your hypercomputes are just wondrous
code crackers.

AI has invented things that have been awarded patents:
https://alwaysasking.com/when-will-ai-take-over/#Invention

The AI centaur chemist gas discovered promising new drugs.
AlphaZero created a chess playing system that is superior to all
human-programmed chess playing software.
Jason