May be of interest:

Entanglement and Superposition Are Equivalent Concepts in Any Physical
Theory

ABSTRACT

We prove that given any two general probabilistic theories (GPTs) the
following are equivalent: (i) each theory is nonclassical, meaning that
neither of their state spaces is a simplex; (ii) each theory satisfies a
strong notion of incompatibility equivalent to the existence of
“superpositions”; and (iii) the two theories are entangleable, in the sense
that their composite exhibits either entangled states or entangled
measurements. Intuitively, in the post-quantum GPT setting, a superposition
is a set of two binary ensembles of states that are unambiguously
distinguishable if the ensemble is revealed before the measurement has
occurred, but not if it is revealed after. This notion is important because
we show that, just like in quantum theory, superposition in the form of
strong incompatibility is sufficient to realize the Bennett-Brassard 1984
protocol for secret key distribution.

https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.128.160402

Free access preprint:
https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.04446